Saturday, October 31, 2009

10/17/ 09 - Innocents

October 17, 2009

What I saw this week at the abortion clinic was really chilling sight - adults bringing small children into and out of the abortion clinic.

This sight is so sad in itself - the sight of sweet children, innocent, trusting ,no clue where they are or what is going on. Children so small, they have to be carried. Children drinking from baby bottles and sippy cups - a set of toddlers dressed in matching outfits, holding hands with each and with their caretaker.

If you told them straight out what was happening behind the door, that a baby a bit younger than themselves, a brother or a sister, was being killed, they wouldn't understand, they couldn't understand. They would just look at you wide eyed and stare a blank stare that says they can't make sense of those words. Little lambs. Precious little lambs. To say this is heartbreaking does not even come near to what you feel when you see this.

For me though, this is an especially chilling sight because it calls to mind a true story an older German woman told me some years ago.

She was a child and then a pre-teen when the world geared up for WWII. Her father was in the army. She didn't know what it meant to be a Nazi. She was a little girl who one day went with her mother to the home of another man who was in the military. As the mothers had tea, this little girl played contentedly with the hostess's daughter in a corner of the room. But when the hostess began to sob quietly, she turned her attention to what the women were saying.

She sensed something was terribly wrong but all she could understood at the time, was that her little playmate was going away - forever. From that day on, well into adulthood, she was frightened that she, someday would go away forever. She never saw her playmate again. Years later, she learned that because the playmate was retarded in some way, she was scheduled to be killed and was killed the next day. That is what the Nazi's did to their own children.

Doesn't it sound unbelievably horrible. Doesn't it sound even more horrible than abortion - if that could be possible? Do you know there are people in the President's cabinet NOW, who advocate the killing of children up to age 2 saying such things as, until that age, children don't know there is a tomorrow. These wicked minds rely on the innocence of children to mark them for death.

The Third Joyful Mystery: The Birth of Our Lord. - Matthew 2: 16 -18
The Innocents. - Once Herod ... became furious. He ordered the massacre of all boys two years old and under in Bethlehem and its environs... What was said through Jeremiah the prophet was then fulfilled: 'A cry was heard at Ramah, sobbing and loud lamentation: Rachael bewailing her children, no comfort for her, since they are no more.' "











The hostess was crying, she learned laterBut when the hostess began to sob quietly, she turned her attention to what the women were saying. got the fright of her life, a fear that stayed with her always.

ut this is an especially chilling sight for me becaue it reminds me of a true story told to me by an older woman, a German citizen, who was a child and then a pre-teen when the world geared up for WWII.

Not knowing that this is a place where helpless chilren like themselves, as murdered. First, I'd like to relay a true story I heard from a woman who was a pre-teen when WW II broke out.



There are some really sad sights at the clinic. On different occasions, i have seen people bring children right into the clinic.

Outside the aboriton clinic I regularly see what look to be, a lot of mothers and daughters coming and going. Of course, I could be wrong, but that is how it looks. This week, I saw a stark contrast in what mother daughter relationships can be.

A woman, who I had never seen before, came to pray with a young girl who I assumed was her 16 or 17 year old daughter. As they walked from their car, I could see that they were both dressed stylishly in jeans and different white tops. As they walked, I saw they were holding hands and then, they stood together as they joined us praying. Then, shortly afterware, I saw a different mother and daughter drive into the clinic and exit their car.

The mother got out of the car, turned and walked briskly into the clinic without looking back at her passenger. That's unusual, because the passenger is usually the one getting the abortion and drivers, out of guilt or remorse or common courtesy, are visibly solitious. Then, out of the passenger's side came a girl who looked about 13 or 14 years old. She wore labender pants and a pink top. She had fluffy bangs and a short, puffy pony tail like a child, not a sleek, pulled back style of an older teen or younger woman. Her mother had taken off quite briskly ahead of her so she was following easily 10-15 feet behind in a sauntering, unawares kind of gait.

It looked like the mother was angry with the girl. Putting myself in her position, I thought, she has a right to be angry. I imagined how I would be angry if a child of mine put me in such a positio, that I never expected to be in - that I don't want to be in - the position of what to do when a child is pregnant. i would like to think I would choose adoption becuase that is the life-giving alternative. Byut, I also pary the "Our Father" each day and ask god to "lead me not into temptation." I realize tha that mother ocule be me. i could be foreced into a corner andhave a terrible decision ahead of me. I could make the wong choice. She was forced ito doint something she did not want to do. But the mother was stealing herself, to go thought iwth ti. How many others have been put in this position by their daughters and sons? How many pepole are affected when our hcildren get in volved with illicit sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment